Luang Prabang – Full Day Elephant Experience with Trekking
The true nature lovers tour! Get it all with this diverse and action-packed tour which provides the opportunity to be a mahout, jungle trekking on foot to local villages and a traditional Lao long boat ride. Even your lunch will be an adventure as you picnic in the forest surroundings. You will surely be delighted (and exhausted) after this adventure!
**Please note** This tour does NOT include elephant bathing
- 8:00 am – 8:30 am: Pick up by our English-speaking guide from your hotel lobby within Luang Prabang, Laos
- Arrive at the Elephant Village Camp: Welcome greeting by your guide and participate in a short briefing about elephants
- Be a Mahout: From the Elephant Camp, enjoy the impressive experience of being a Mahout, Lao style! 1 person per elephant
- Jungle Trek: Enjoy a 3 km trek on foot through the diverse landscape
- Picnic Lunch: Dine in the forest surroundings with a picnic box lunch prepared just for you at our camp restaurant (vegetarian options available)
- Trail of Falls: Enjoy another 3 km trek on foot along our exclusive Trail of Falls leading up to Tad Sae Waterfall where you can relax or swim in its cool natural pools (water levels vary with seasonal conditions)
- Boat trip back to camp: Traverse the Nam Khan River in a traditional Lao longboat from the waterfall back to our Elephant Camp. You might see traditional fishing methods and other various ways with which the local villagers make use of and enjoy the river.
- Depart: Transfer back to your Hotel in Luang Prabang between 3:00 pm and 4:00 pm
Your Tour Includes: Hotel pickup and dropoff in our air-conditioned van, English speaking guide, being a mahout, Lao long boat ride, picnic box lunch, drinking water, jungle treks
Notes: schedules and itineraries are approximate and subject to change due to seasonal conditions in the jungle and at the camp. Elephant Village reserves the right to break larger groups into smaller groups and/or operate tour activities in a different order than published above