Enjoy a thrilling Ho Chi Minh City tour to see the life in this metropolis. Squeeze your way between the underground maze of Cu Chi tunnels and learn about its history. Escape the cities, navigate the canals and hidden waterways and floating markets in the Mekong Delta region. Take an express boat and reward yourself with lazy days on the stunning beaches on Phu Quoc island.
- This itinerary is designed for your kind reference, and it can totally be personalized to match your time, budget and interests. Feel free to let us know your expectations for the trip and we take care of them for you.
- Trips are personally tailor-made, with basic standards of daily JOIN-GROUP TOURS where-ever possible, while accommodations and your time of leisure are at your own choice. If your budget allows, we recommend you upgrade to PRIVATE TOURS, when you are personally taken care of and be able to enjoy more private time on your own. Certainly, your trip can be a good mix of PRIVATE DAY TOURS and JOIN-GROUP DAY TOURS as you wish, just simply let us know!
Day 2: HCMC – Cu Chi Tunnels – HCMC Tour
After breakfast at the hotel, at around 8.30am, we will depart from Ho Chi Minh City to Cu Chi Tunnels, that’s about 80km from Ho Chi Minh City. The tunnel system was built by the Viet Cong in the war battles in the South of Vietnam. The tunnels are a sobering insight into the dedication of the Viet Cong who lived almost entirely underground in the narrow and claustrophobic tunnels, for up to 10 years! Upon arrival, you will have a chance to watch a brief video that will introduce you to the Cu Chi tunnels, followed by a walk through the reserve. In this walk, you can see the Secret Entrance to the tunnels, workshops for the handmade weapons, the clinic bunker, the commander bunker, the meeting bunker and the kitchen bunkers, which are all open and above ground. Nearby is a chilling exhibition of the traps and weapons used against the American GIs. If you are brave, you can experience the Cu Chi tunnels by crawling inside to see how difficult life must have been, and discover the 3 levels underground.
For those who do not like the claustrophobic atmosphere, you do not have to crawl into these tunnels! The small replica displayed outside will give you a perfect example of what the interior looked like.
We will return to HCMC around noon for Lunch at a local restaurant (at your own expense).
In the afternoon, our guide will show you the most interesting sights that Ho Chi Minh City has to offer. Depart from your hotel to the Reunification Palace; this beautifully preserved palace was the residence of the President of the Republic of Vietnam. On April 30th, 1975 the American War officially came to an end here. Enjoy a visiting the War Remnants Museum where you can see countless artifacts, photographs, and pictures documenting the second Indochina war.
After this, we will visit The Notre Dame Cathedral, which was built in 1880, and the Old Post Office, which was built sometime between 1886 and 1891. It is one of the best examples of classical French colonial architecture. Next will be Jade Emperor Pagoda. This is an ancient temple, as the Chinese temple style with bright decorative motifs.
Our last stop will be at a local Market where you can practice your bargaining skills while shopping for souvenirs. Discover local life and culture. You’ll find some of the friendliest, liveliest, most convivial people in the city in here. Return to your hotel around 18:00. The evening and dinner will be on your own.
Meals included: Breakfast
Overnight in HCMC
Day 3: HCMC – Mekong Delta (My Tho – Ben Tre) – Can Tho
After breakfast at the hotel, at around 07:30 am, you will be picked up for Mekong Delta trip.
During 1.5 hours bus drive to My Tho, you will enjoy the nice scenery of green rice paddy fields. We’ll visit Vinh Trang pagoda, the biggest pagoda in Mekong Delta. Continue going to My Tho, where we’ll take a boat trip along Mekong River. During a boat cruise along the Mekong River, you will see fish cages and floating houses.
The boat will take you to the small canal, where you can totally escape from the busy town. The boat cruises through the coconut trees canal take you to a coconut island in Ben Tre. We’ll disembark and walk around the village. Stop at a local family to enjoy tropical fruit, taste honey tea, honey wine and listen to Vietnamese traditional music, performed by the villagers.
Continue walking along the village’s road to a coconut candy shop, learn how to make candy, see some handicrafts made from the coconut tree. Take a walk through the village seeing many kinds of fruit trees, flowers. See the local houses and the children of the Mekong Delta. Next, we’ll head to a local restaurant for a set lunch of special Vietnamese food. After lunch, you can relax for 30 minutes, before traveling back on the river to the ferry to Can Tho city, the heart of Mekong Delta. Stay overnight at the hotel. Free time to visit bustling Can Tho night market.
Meals included: Breakfast, Lunch
Overnight in Can Tho (at hotel or homestay)
Day 4: Can Tho – Rach Gia – Express Boat to Phu Quoc
Breakfast at hotel, taking a leisurely boat trip to explore the picturesque tributaries of the Lower Mekong river (Bassac River), then proceed to visit Cai Rang floating market, which is the liveliest in the whole religion. Take in the beautiful scenery and the daily activities of the locals who live along the Mekong canals and roam through the village, seeing many fruit gardens.
Then you will be transferred to Rach Gia jetty to take an express boat to Phu Quoc island. Arrive in Phu Quoc island, you will be picked up and transferred to a beach resort for beach relax.
Meals included: Breakfast
Overnight in Resort in Phu Quoc island
The price of this trip varies according to selected airlines, the number of people in your party, dates of departure, hotel standard, and availability of ground services. If you wish to travel with your family, friends or on your own we would be more than happy to assist you with your arrangements.Contact us for the best rates
For more information about tour types and accommodations, please click here
- City tour of Ho Chi Minh city with highlights
- Spectacular maze of Cu Chi tunnels
- Mekong Delta discovery, boat trip on bustling Cai Rang Floating Market
- Beach stay in Phu Quoc Island
- Hotel accommodation with daily breakfast
- All Excursions
- Transportation in AC vehicles
- English speaking guide(s)
- Domestic flights
- Local boats
- Local train ride
- Admission fee
- Meals as stated in the program
- Complimentary Vietnam Visa Approval Letter
- An open choice for join-group tour or private tour with maximum flexibility
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
- Transfer in good and high qualified transportation vehicles
- Hand-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Accompanied by Experienced and friendly local guides
- Optional Experiences and free time
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of the tour